Das Microsoft Jump Start Kit ist verfügbar
Welcome to the Optimized Desktop Proof of Concept (PoC) Jumpstart program. This self-contained, self-service kit will help you complete a Proof of Concept (PoC) at your organization, allowing you to quickly evaluate the new Microsoft desktop technologies, including Windows 7, Office 2010 Pro Plus, Internet Explorer 8, and Application Virtualization with Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack technology App-V. It will also familiarize you with some of the important deployment tools provided by Microsoft to assist with your broader deployment efforts. This PoC is not meant to be comprehensive training mechanism but rather an introductory set of modules to familiarize you with tools and technologies.
Goals and Objectives of the PoC
The PoC Jumpstart is designed to allow you to evaluate the power of the next generation of Microsoft technologies easily, quickly, and in a controlled test environment. This toolkit simplifies the learning and testing process while helping IT managers make a business case with senior management for upgrading to the new Microsoft Optimized Desktop technologies.
The PoC Jumpstart is the initial component of the full Jumpstart Program. A successful experience with the PoC Jumpstart can lead to a full Production Pilot Jumpstart, which helps position your organization for full-scale deployments across the company.
Upon completion of the PoC, you will be able to:
1. Fully understand the value proposition of the Microsoft Optimized Desktop.
2. Evaluate the tools needed to undertake desktop deployment in a controlled environment and translate that to a production environment.
3. Enable you to understand the holistic view of a complete deployment motion and make plans to broadly deploy the Microsoft Optimized Desktop.
4. Make an informed decision about the value of Microsoft technologies via new Enterprise Agreements (EAs) and renewals.
5. Begin planning the actions to take in your production environment to deploy Windows 7, Office 2010, Internet Explorer 8, and App-V.
The Jumpstart PoC Jumpstart kit can be used in two ways: it can be run entirely by a customer’s IT Professional by downloading the self service kit (see details below) or it can done as part of a partner-led engagement. This document relates to the self-service offering only. For details on the partner offering, please go to this Microsoft website.
There are the two primary components of the PoC: the PoC Jumpstart guidance that has several individual modules and the Virtual Server containing the deployment tools packaged in the form of a .VHD file. Both components will be available for download at this Microsoft website.